2010-11-04

A Book of the Beginnings (progress of a sort report)

Scanned another couple of chapters of A Book of the Beginnings; these page images have been appended to the copy on Scribd. This still only amounts to about half the page count of vol. I, and my copy is rapidly falling apart.

Later: Now added cap. 7, but had enough of this for today.

Later later: A few hours break & some food, and managed to face scanning another chapter. Might finish scanning vol. 1 tomorrow -- 134 pages to go. My copy-text will probably be wrecked beyond repair by the time I'm finished though, not only have a number of complete signatures become detached from the binding but many individual pages, the paper horribly brittle after 130 or so years, are now seriously torn. Tired now . . .

2 comments:

  1. What is the copyright status on your extensive editing? Do you keep your editions public domain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally I don't assert copyright on my typesets &c. Many CP releases are not, strictly speaking, fully public domain, having been based on page images from Internet Archive, Gutenberg plaintexts, HTMLs posted at sacred-texts.com, &c., which have their own terms of use. Since I've been using Scribd, most releases are under Creative Commons "attribution / non-commerical / share alike" terms.

    ReplyDelete