2021-11-30

Grrr... (2)

Last I checked one of the top Google hits for the "Celephaïs Press" name is an AbeBooks listing for a printed edition of Equinox vol. I nos. 1-4, to which someone considerately attached my civil name (which was *not* on the PDFs, which were further explicitly stated to be not for commercial or "shareware" distribution).  I do not know who issued these: the seller describes them as "An elusive reprint of Volume I, Nos. 1-4 (seemingly, only the first four numbers were ever issued?). No date, or place of publication"; a listing on Amazon gives the publication date as 2008.  What I do know is that I only even found out about these existing years after the event, and needless to say never got a cut of whatever the actual publisher made on them.

EDIT: Calming down slightly . . . whatever justification the rest of the above might have, complaining about someone attaching my civil name to a text I edited under a pseudonym would be more that a little hypocritical, as (a) I actually did it to myself in one or two instances, which is probably how the seller found it out, and (b) I've done exactly the same thing to other people.  And anyone who is interested in this subject who knows me IRL probably already knows that I am "Frater T.S.," and to anyone who doesn't, a relatively common English given name and surname really won't mean all that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment