2021-03-15

I am he, the Truth, who hate that iniquity be wrought in the kosmos

 

Uploaded a bunch of revisions and corrections to the version of Crowley's Liber Samekh on Scribd.  Mainly this means that the text of the "Stele of Jeu the Hieroglyphist" (the Graeco-Egyptian ritual of exorcism which was turned, via various layers of translation, paraphrase, mis-copying and creative mangling, into Samekh), has been re-set in Greek Unicode, many typos in my previous transcript fixed and a few notes on the text added.

As alluded to in my previous post, it turns out that digital photographs of the whole of London Papyrus 46 a.k.a. PGM V can be found on the British Library website; based on these images I have expanded my notes on the text, added a more accurate rendition of the "beneficial sign" & decided that I no longer agree entirely with either Preisendanz's or Goodwin's transcriptions.

[Header image taken from photographs of London Papyrus 46 fol. 2 ro., source as link above.]

No comments:

Post a Comment