2019-10-24

Back to the Beginnings (4)

As you might have surmised, my work on Massey's major works ground to a halt shortly after the last post I made under this head.  I think it was about that time that my computer's mainboard died.  I still do not have a decent copy-text for vol. ii of The Natural Genesis and my last two backups of the Word document appear to have gotten corrupted meaning the whole thing will need to be reconstructed.

Book of the Beginnings, vol. i seems to be basically done.  Vol. ii is done to p. 84 of 684.

The Natural Genesis, vol. i -- looks like I managed to finished the latest pass on that.  Vol. ii -- hang on, it loaded this time.  Odd.  Done to p. 68 of 535.

Ancient Egypt.  Current pass is a third of the way through vol. i; this is a much quicker process than for Nat. Gen. as the original text was someone else's key-entry & generally accurate save for a few lines missed by eye-skip, mainly I'm just going through making sure layout & pagination matches print edition.

[UPDATED RATHER THAN MAKING A NEW POST.]
A Book of the Beginnings -- vol. i has now been assembled and uploaded.  Done another 40 or so pages of vol. ii.
The Natural Genesis -- vol i. assembled and uploaded (replacing the 2008 issue).  Done another 50 pages or so of vol. ii.
Ancient Egypt -- vol. i. assembled and uploaded (replacing the old issue); about a fifth of the way through vol. ii.

No comments:

Post a Comment